Saturday, July 23, 2011

Only 5 Days Since My Last Post


And what an active 5 days.


On the 18th (Monday) I called in for my sheathing and tie-down inspection, and also thought I would try for the framing inspection.

The sheathing and tie-down inspection were passed on the 19th (Tuesday), and I was given permission to cover up the sheathing and tie-downs. I failed the framing because the inspector wants to wait until all the subcontractor work is complete just in case someone decides to take a shortcut and slice through an important framing member. So final framing will wait until the four-way inspection... framing, rough plumbing, rough electrical, and mechanical.

I called my stucco contractor on Tuesday afternoon to tell him I was ready for stucco. On the morning of the 20th (Wednesday) the stucco guys showed up. They were two of the hardest working people I have ever seen. They told me they would be ready for the weather barrier and stucco lathe inspection by noon on the 21st (Thursday) . So I called Sandy City and scheduled the inspection for Thursday afternoon.

The inspector showed up at about 10:30 Thursday morning.... "he was in the area". He checked out the work being done, and told me that I was working with people who really knew what they were doing, and he passed both inspections.

The stucco guys left about noon on Thursday, and were not here on Friday. This morning they showed up in force... six of them in total, and before three in the afternoon had completed the first layer of stucco.

It is a pleasure to watch people work who know what they are doing, and do it in an efficient and coordinated manner...

So here is how the house looked on the 18th... just before I passed the sheathing


Here are some pictures from the 21st (Thursday)



And then some from today (23rd -- Saturday)




Since the doors and windows are all in and latches and deadbolts are now installed, I was able to move ahead with opening up the entry way from the house to the addition.

This meant the demolition of what remained in the downstairs bathroom (except for the toilet.)

Here is a picture from the house looking into the addition taken on Friday...


And one taken from the addition looking back into the house.


Today I made an attempt to add some privacy back to the bathroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good. The House of Seven ( ? ) Gables ........