I am posting this from my new laptop, using Windows Live Writer. My new laptop is a birthday gift from Carolyn... it arrived a few days early, and of course you can't just let something like a new laptop
sit in a box. I am using Google Chrome as my primary browser, but for certain applications (like MSN mail or MSN Messenger (chat)) Vista forces you to use Explorer. I really do like the Google Chrome Interface. Getting used to a new computer and operating system is always an interesting journey, and is also an opportunity to start fresh without all the junk that inevitably creeps into your computer, and gets loaded into memory every time you start up. I need to start finding all the drivers I need to connect the laptop to all the printers and other stuff I have, and to install stuff like Photoshop... so I will let you know how things go.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
My New Laptop... A Dell XPS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations!! Is your old computer a Dell? The turtle computer is a Dell and I never really liked it, but maybe I just didn't know how to use it. I do love my Toshiba, which has Vista, and I also know there is a lot more to learn about it. Have fun discovering your new computer.
The squirrels demand pictures of the new blogging device. We are waiting!!! You have 24 hours to post.
You have had your 24 hours. Prepare for the consequences!
Let the rancid acorn butter rain from the skies!!
Sob stories of not finding right drivers are inexcusable. New blogging device pictures are demanded.
Rancid acorn butter is only the first phase. Be prepared to receive a box with little squirrel fingers in it. When is the last time you talked to Dimitri???
The only way to prevent further disaster is to post a picture of the new blogging device!!!
Post a Comment