Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dug up the Dahlia bulbs today

It was a beautiful day in Sandy.  Temperatures in the mid 70s, so it was a great day to work in the yard.  I got the Zinnias and tomatoes out of the back garden, and dug the Dahlia bulbs our of the garden along the fence.  Tomorrow I will dig the bulbs out of the front gardens.  I also have to go down and winterize Char's house.  This involves turning off her sprinklers, disconnecting, draining, and wrapping the swamp cooler, and making sure that all the hoses are unscrewed from the outside taps, drained, and stored in her garage.

In the meantime, I am rebuilding Carolyn's 'I Do" Weddings web site.  The existing site is here; and the new site (under construction) is here.  Comments and suggestions on the new site are welcome.  She gets a lot of hits on her site, and we need to find a way to turn more of those hits into ceremonies.  She has actually been fairly busy, with four weddings this month.

3 comments:

Karl said...

Sounds like nice weather to do yard work - 70 degrees. I am in Rochester this week for the Annual Meeting of the Optical Society. I came up early to help Carlos and Pat with some year-end yard work (the weather is a bit cooler - low 60's, but it was sunny).

They have an enormous white ash tree in their backyard, which has dropped all its leaves. We mulched those with the electric mower and piled them in the compost pile. We trimmed the hedge, took some plants down to the basement (they have a set of tables and fluorescent lights down there and keep a large number of plants going over the winter), and just generally straightened up getting ready for winter. There is still lots of work to be done, but we made some headway today.

We just returned from a very pleasant dinner and are reading political blogs online, doing a little needlepoint, and getting ready to download the Sunday Times crossword.

Oma/Marion said...

Well, I envy both of you with your fall work. That is something that I really miss here in Florida, the changing seasons. I did relocate all the amaryllis bulbs last week. When anyone gave Mother an amaryllis for some reason she planted the bulbs in my garden, and I didn't really like them there because most of the time they are just tall green leaves looking like weeds. I couldn't see my pineapple plants. They seem to be doing fine in back of the garage. I must say that the temperature here this morning is about 70F and it feels really nice. I should probably mow the lawn. I won't say grass because that isn't growing much but the little volunteer oak trees are turning into a forest and if I don't mow them soon I'll have to clip them down and that is too much work.

Cindy Koch said...

I think you should include pictures of past ceremonies on the new site.