Thursday, April 14, 2011

Progress


Josh is home for a couple of days. I do what I can when he is working, but real progress is not made until he is here to lend his back and his knowledge. While he was working, I was able to build the pony walls, to get all of the cabling rerouted, and clean up some of the mess of rotten wood... or at least try to find where all of the rot is, so that we can repair it. Today we repaired the wood around the window in the garage, and, in fact, got rid of the garage window. We also placed most of the joists for the main floor. Our significant accomplishment was that we were able to place the beam that will support the load bearing wall between the main floor bedroom and bathroom. It must have weighed over 500 pounds. The weather has been absolute crap. It was snowing thins morning, and while it cleared this afternoon, it was very raw.



No comments: