Another day!
So after all my engineering of the second story drainage, it was an unmitigated disaster. I was foolish enough to think that all my construction on the second floor would channel the water toward the one available exit point. There was at least one serious flaw which led to an accumulation of a massive amount of water outside of the drainage channel I had prepared. So during a deluge at 3 AM, I was awakened by the sound of infrastructure failing and several tens of gallons of water inundating the second story.
So once again my day started with a squeegee and a towel to try and get the water off the deck... This was at 6 AM. I have deluded myself into thinking that I have repaired the system (still will require manual intervention during a serious storm), and I then proceeded to work on completing the fascia around the front of the addition so we can sheath the roof and get the trusses onto the second story.
Todays pictures show the small amount of work I was able to complete on the fascia. I had to go to Home Depot to get more wood to complete this work. I can fit 5 (maybe 6) 8' 2x6 pieces of wood into the Accord... up through the trunk, right next to the driver.
Not sure what I will do tomorrow (supposed to be a sunny day). Here are some pictures of the fascia work, and a picture of a dry interior.
By the way, the winds came up this afternoon, and I had to spend an hour or so trying to get the plastic into order. Doing so meant that there will be no rain tonight; had I failed to repair the plastic we would be guaranteed a deluge.



No comments:
Post a Comment