Monday, May 02, 2011

May Day Progress Report


The entire day was spent working on the chimney chase. We cannot finish the subfloor on the second story until the chase is removed.




I also ruined one of the second floor joists by cutting it an eighth of an inch too short, and I want to add an additional joist under the bathtub. So I had to order two more 18 foot joists which should be available on Tuesday.

Today we will have to work on getting the chase down today and building the other main floor walls. I am pretty sure we can determine the height of those walls, since we now know the exact height of the top of an existing roof joist above a spot on the deck, So we just need to measure the distance from that spot to the wall in question, and deduct 5" for every 12" of distance.

No comments: