Monday, May 23, 2011

So here is what's happening


Of the last ten days there have been two which were rain free. Sometimes we have showers, sometimes torrential downpours, sometimes it just rains all day. I spend fully half of my time (if not more) dealing with water issues. I would like to keep the project somewhat dry, but am largely unsuccessful.


These pictures were taken yesterday in the afternoon, I am fairly sure we had some rain in the morning. We have started putting the roof sheathing on the lower level, and need to get thqt completed before we attempted to put up the trusses for the second story roof. Until we get the second story roof up and the sheathing on it, we are going to continue to have serious problems keeping the project dry if it continues to rain as it has been. I have tried several different approaches to try to keep th second floor dry and the water diverted away from the structure (otherwise it leaks though onto the main floor kitchen and bathroom area, and thence down into the crawl space. In general all attempts have been less than successful. I have tried a new approach today and am hopeful of a better result. Of course now that I have gotten new plastic on, the wind is starting to blow... I do not think the plastic can survive even a mild wind.




We placed the post which will support the roof beam on the front porch. I used a four foot "Sono" tube, but it was not quite high enough, so we improvised with a Heineken Carton and some duct tape.



And here are a few more pictures of the project... some taken from my roof.








No comments: