Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It has been 12 days since I last posted.

Since last posting, Char (Carolyn's Mom) went riding on a Harley (in the bitch seat);






Guess who?


Carolyn broke her foot while trying to skateboard;







and, we got a new sofa, loveseat, and (my) chair in the family room; and I painted the wooden furniture in the family room.
That will pretty much complete the kitchen/family room project which included...

- a travertine tile floor in the kitchen
- new can lighting in the kitchen and family room
- new baseboard in the family room (and removal of the chair rail)
- new switchplates
- new drawer pulls in the kitchen
- new fireplace and fireplace trim
- painting of kitchen and family room (the peanut brittle is gone / replaced by toast)
- new furniture (see above)
- 25 or 30 trips to Home Depot




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looking good. The house I mean. I'm going to have to come and see it. As I told Carolyn I've been thinking about making a trip out there on my sky miles, if they are still good.
Char on the bike looking good too. Carolyn on the ground, not so good.

Anonymous said...

Loving the new look of the kitchen/family room, can't wait to see it in March!!
Should I buy stock in home depot?

Anonymous said...

PS: You need to put some of your lovely pictures on the wall!

Anonymous said...

PSS (or is it PPS?): George seems to like it!!

Anonymous said...

George likes it, but Alice is wondering where her little hideaway spot on the old sofa went.