Carolyn wins the prize for the largest stollen. At least it looks like it might be stollen. I've found this new rapid rise yeast tends to get out of hand quickly. I'm sure it will still taste good. I like mine toasted.
I got the recipe from our newspaper, the one we cancelled and continue to get free of charge two months later...why did I pay for it all these years??? Anyway, it was a bit garbled and vague (as if baking weren't hard enough). I channeled my inner-norwegian and came up with about 30 loaves of jule kake (which means christmas cake and it truly has the consistancy of cake).
I think I know what everyone within a two mile radius of you is getting for Christmas this year! Make sure you bring some to those soccer players at Rio Tinto Stadium!!!
Were the loaves all that size?!!! That's a LOT of Jule Kakke. I made 3 batches of stollen and still don't have that much. Please send the recipe, we can start a new family tradition. I'm LOL after reading all the comments. Oh no! Again like Alina I'm ROFLOL my word verification was peecat. I guess it could have been worse and been catpee.
9 comments:
Carolyn wins the prize for the largest stollen. At least it looks like it might be stollen. I've found this new rapid rise yeast tends to get out of hand quickly. I'm sure it will still taste good. I like mine toasted.
Norwegian Jule Kakke... about the same thing, and it is good toasted... the only problem is cramming the slices into the toaster.
I got the recipe from our newspaper, the one we cancelled and continue to get free of charge two months later...why did I pay for it all these years??? Anyway, it was a bit garbled and vague (as if baking weren't hard enough). I channeled my inner-norwegian and came up with about 30 loaves of jule kake (which means christmas cake and it truly has the consistancy of cake).
Carolyn, I love them!!! They are the best Christmas cake ever! Makes me smile every time I look at them!!
ROFLOL, now I really can't stop laughing, signed my name as the word verification! Can you tell I'm on earlies!
I think I know what everyone within a two mile radius of you is getting for Christmas this year! Make sure you bring some to those soccer players at Rio Tinto Stadium!!!
Coming from a non-baker: Is there supposed to be something wrong with them? They look normal to me!
Something about loaves and fishes. You got the loaves for the masses all covered.
Were the loaves all that size?!!!
That's a LOT of Jule Kakke. I made 3 batches of stollen and still don't have that much. Please send the recipe, we can start a new family tradition. I'm LOL after reading all the comments. Oh no! Again like Alina I'm ROFLOL my word verification was peecat. I guess it could have been worse and been catpee.
Post a Comment