Saturday, December 13, 2008

Interim Progress Report - The Exercise Room Nears Completion

Carolyn and I have been living in our house in Sandy for 21 years now.  I certainly doesn't seem that long, but the calendar doesn't lie.  Our house has a 900 sq ft basement, which is 1/3 of the square footage potentially available in the house.  I have described the origins of the remodelling project in another blog.  This is simply a progress report.  Notably, all of the sheetrocking has been completed, including the ceilings,  the enitre basement has been tiled,  most of the baseboard and casement is in place.  Biggest job left is the painting and mounting three more doors which had to be special ordered.

The area of the basement which had been my photography studio and framing shop will now be the Exercise Room



Because both Carolyn and I are in need of getting back onto the exercise equipment, and since it seems to be taking forever to get the work completed, I dragged all of the equipment from where it had been being temporarily store out into what will become the Exercise Room.  I have put a ceiling mounted TV into the room.  I will also be putting my bike trainer into the room.  We have a weight bench and a set of adjustible weights which go from 2.5 lbs to 52.5 lbs.



The weights are sitting on the rack to the left in this picture.  The whiteboard on the stand to the right of the picture is where I keep my training schedule.  If you turn around 180 degrees from this picture this is what you see.  This used to be two rooms.



The area, roughly from the television set toward the camers, used to be the exercise room.  This entire room now will become my photography studio.  The back of the room was completely unfinished at the start of the project.  There was a wall between the two rooms.  There were also two windows on the wall to the right.  When we extended our deck, we covered up the window wells, and since they were totally useless, I covered them.


The final picture is taken from the area of the walker.  You see the studio entrance to the right.  In the middle is a closet under the stairs which will have a regular door on it, and the entrance to the room from the stairway is to the left.  

I will post some additonal pictures on the remainer of the basement in another blog.

2 comments:

Oma/Marion said...

Looks like you have really been working hard. If you are doing all that work why do you need the exercise machines? Just talked to Edward. The utility people were getting closer to them so they may get electircity back today. They are hoping. Maggie said she had taken pictures but it was really unbelievable looking up the road from their house, trees and wires everywhere.

Karl said...

It looks like you will have a lot of additional quality living area. It is looking very nice.