Thursday, April 02, 2009

Josh’s Greenhouse

This is the future home of Pratt’s Plants.  I went over and helped Josh put the windows on the greenhouse.  He is recycling windows that he replaced in his house last summer.  The front window is 6’ X 6’ and must weigh somewhere around 300 pounds.

future_greenhouse_1future_greenhouse_2 

Josh assures me that the Greenhouse will be ready for plants in a couple of days.  On Saturday his bees are coming.  He is going to have a hive to the left of the greenhouse.  I hope to be able to take some pictures of the arrival of the bees.  Apparently they come in a cardboard box, with the Queen in her own private little container.  Josh’s brother is going to do the honors of moving the bees from the cardboard box to the beehive.  Josh is going to be flying (smart man!)

3 comments:

Sibling #4 said...

That's cool. What are the dimensions? What is the roof made of? Will it have shelves? I need to build a storage shed and I like the style of the greenhouse.

Bill said...

It is an original Leavitt design. The big pane of glass in the front is 6' X 6'... the sides ar about 5 ft. The interior will have sliding shelves so that they may be tiered.
The ceiling will be a corrugated clear plastic. I will post more pictures when progress occurs.

Tamara said...

Maybe you can catch some sun in the greenhouse?