
Four days from now....
Carolyn and I will begin our journey. Alina assures me that flight attendants are positive, cheerful, helpful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. So no trepidation on this front (once we get past the TSA folks.)
Dahlias, Zinnias, and Gladiolus are now in full bloom...
Worked all weekend trying to finish up a set of shelves in the basement. The last part of the job is to mount the bi-fold doors on the closet. Doing that requires attaching something to the concrete basement floor. Doing that requires drilling holes in the concrete, which I spent about three hours yesterday afternoon trying to do. Either masonry bits are totally useless, or I have the hardest concrete on record. Still hope to get this done before we venture forth.
Tomatoes are arriving every day now... and at a faster and faster pace. We have even had a couple from our yellow tomato plant. The blossom end rot is still taking its toll on one of the Roma plants.
1 comment:
Grandpa always liked to grow Gladiolus.
Post a Comment