Saturday, August 23, 2008


Our Latest Project...




...was the replacement of the mailbox that was put in when we bought our house 21 years ago. Kevin's (our neighbor) mailbox was in pretty sad shape, so we decided to replace them both at the same time. Actually there was some nostalgia involved as Ed actually helped me put up the old mailbox. Ed and I drove from Granville to Sandy when I moved out, and our first job was to put up a mailbox.







This new mailbox is a locking mailbox with entry from the front or back. The back entry will be nice during the winter so we won't have to go out into the slush which forms in the street to get the mail.

The box is large enough to hold our mail and a family of squirrels.


Carolyn is getting our first delivery of mail from the new mailbox. Luckily she was not bitten by a squirrel.




4 comments:

CAPII said...

Bill,

My second try. Don't know what happened to the first!

Our mail boxes are all 'beat-up' from kids with ball bats. They need to get back to school next week. The more permanent ones are pushes over with their off-road vehicles. Oh well, yours look terrific. I hope the squirrels will allow me to put this into the new one.

I downloaded some of your great pictures to my Snapfish albium. I especially like the'Three Amigos'. too bad we couldn't get the two naughty girls in it.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Did you do the mailboxes yourself? I guess it would be a lot of trips to Home Depot to carry the bricks back. Make sure you put some acorns in for the squirrels. I'll try to send you some mail this week.

Anonymous said...

Squirrels like acorns in the mailbox, the proof is in the picture you posted on your blog!

Anonymous said...

The mailboxes look great. I wouldn't worry too much about squirrels in the mail box because I think most of them have been run over in the road in Granville. I think they get so excited about the acorns on the other side of the road that they forget to look when they are crossing.